High Holy Days Services
All About Our Services
Join us at Temple Kol Tikvah for our special 2018 / 5779 High Holy Days’ services and activities.
- Selichot: Reflect in a spiritual atmosphere filled with candlelight, meditation, and song. Many past participants feel that this is the most spiritual service of the year. Join us for wine and cheese prior
to the service.
- Rosh HaShanah: Mark the joyous celebration of our New Year and reflect on the exciting changes that this season brings. Our services are multifaceted and include the melodious voice of our cantor, the inspiring words of our rabbis, the beautiful music of the choir, and the participation of our community.
- Erev Rosh HaShanah & Yom Kippur Youth Services: These services are geared for 3rd – 6th graders and their families. They include a sampling of Rosh HaShanah and Yom Kippur. A highlight of these services is that they are led by our 3rd – 6th graders.
- Rosh HaShanah & Yom Kippur Tot Services: These services are geared for children 0-7 years of age and their families. Rock out during Tot Services with Temple Kol Tikvah’s band Kolplay. Our Tot High Holy Day Services are fun for the entire family. Hear stories, parade with the Torah, sing, dance, and celebrate.
- Second Day Rosh HaShanah Outdoor Hike: It’s the birthday of the world so why not pray in the midst of nature? Trek outdoors with our clergy for a service amid the beauty of God’s creations. The experience concludes with a shofar blast that will ring throughout nature. This will be the first of two opportunities for Tashlich.
- Shabbat Shuvah at the Beach and Tashlich: Shabbat Shuvah (Sabbath of Return) occurs between Rosh HaShanah and Yom Kippur. On this Shabbat, we are reminded that we have drifted from our moral center and that it is time to return to acts of righteousness. We gather at the beach to eat, play, pray and have a second chance to participate in the Tashlich ritual. As part of our Tashlich, we will symbolically cast our shortcomings into the ocean, leaving ourselves strengthened for the future.
- Yom Kippur: On Rosh HaShanah, we joyously enter the New Year, and on Yom Kippur we think about the changes we need to make to improve not only ourselves but our relationships with our family, friends and community. Experience Yom Kippur at Kol Tikvah as we reflect on forgiveness and change. There will be special programming throughout the day creating a unique prayer experience. The day will conclude with Yizkor and Neilah followed by a community wide break fast.
- Sukkot: Celebrate this outdoor holiday by noshing in Kol Tikvah’s sukkah and by shaking the
lulav and etrog in honor of the changing seasons.
- Sukkot Yizkor: Remember our loved ones who are no longer present on earth by coming together in prayer.
- Simchat Torah: Honor our Torahs by dancing with them in our sanctuary and hear the cantor chant the concluding verses of Deuteronomy and the first verses of Genesis. The newest Kol Tikvah Religious School students will be honored as part of the evening’s program.